The obligatory pre-MWC post

I, in my new role at Machina Research, will of course be in Barcelona for Mobile World Congress next week, along with my colleague Jim Morrish. We have many many interesting meetings lined up. I'm looking forward to this year's event more than any I've ever been to for years. Lots and lots of lovely M2M (sorry "Embedded Mobile") and mobile broadband stuff is anticipated. There will probably be some handsets launched as well for those that are interested in that kind of thing. And some people will win some awards.

While we have a busy schedule you should have the chance to catch up with us some time during the week. Jim will be a fixture in the Embedded Mobile congress sessions all day on Thursday, while you can catch up with me in an around the GSMA's Embedded Mobile Seminar on Tuesday 15th from 1pm to 5pm (and possibly afterwards for a drink or two). Drop us an email if you'd be interested in meeting up: Matt, Jim.

Also, see us in glorious technicolour on the GSMA's Mobile World Live TV which will be shown on giant screens at the event, streamed to hotels across Barcelona during the week and available at the website during and after the event. Catch me on the Show Daily Analyst Panel from 9.20 to 9.35. Jim will be recording a piece for MWLTV on Sunday on what he sees as major trends in the industry.

Any members of the press out there who are likely to want commentary on the big breaking news, please send me an email and I'll send you my phone number.

Comments